We use Google Groups to discuss everything about TortoiseSVN. Everyone is welcome to join our discussions.
How to join
We have two groups for discussions:
- users group
This is the list for the users of TortoiseSVN. If you have questions, suggestions or you want to report a bug, join here.
Just go to https://groups.google.com/group/tortoisesvn and join the discussion. Note: if you don't join the group, your messages will be moderated and therefore show up delayed.
- developers list
Here, the developers discuss technical details about new features. If you want to join the development of TortoiseSVN, join here! This is also the place where users of the nightly builds report issues.
If you're not sure about where you should join, use the users list instead.
Just go to https://groups.google.com/group/tortoisesvn-dev and join in.
Mailing List Etiquette
A little bit of common sense should make it unnecessary to place this etiquette here, but since many people don't seem to know some basic rules...
Here they are:
- Answers go only to the mailing-list. Do not answer to people directly.
- Don't mail the project owners directly. We are going to ditch these mails.
- Answer below the quote.
- Delete unnecessary text (signatures) in the quote.
- No full quoting. Keep just enough of the original text so that others can see the questions you are answering.
- If you want to change to a different topic, create a new thread. Don't just answer another message and replace the subject.
- No big (larger than 50kB) attachments. Screenshots are OK, but send them as JPEGs or PNGs. Some people sent us screenshots in a Word document (!) - don't expect anyone to even open such a document.
- Don't ask for mail receipts.
- Don't send "out-of-office" replies or other autoresponder messages to the list.
for further reading see:
A lot of companies also offer professional support. Some of them are also active in the development of Subversion itself and have hired developers who work actively on the projects.