What's New in TortoiseSVN 1.3
TortoiseSVN 1.3 is a superset of all previous TortoiseSVN releases. Anything in 1.0.x, 1.1.x, or 1.2.x is also in 1.3, but 1.3 contains features and bugfixes not present in any earlier release. It is linked with Subversion 1.3.
The "_svn" hack is now officially supported: since some versions of ASP.NET don't allow directories beginning with dot (e.g., ".svn", the standard Subversion working copy administrative directory), TortoiseSVN now treats the environment variable SVN_ASP_DOT_NET_HACK specially. If this variable is set (to any value), it will use "_svn" instead of ".svn". Note that once the environment variable is set, working copies with standard ".svn" directories will stop working, and will need to be re-checked-out to get "_svn" instead.
After you've set the environment variable, you must restart the shell for the changes to take effect.
During http:// and https:// transfers, TortoiseSVN now shows information about the transferred data (transfer speed, bytes transferred).
- The shell context menu now has key accelerators for better use with the keyboard.
- The revision graph has been redesigned to make it easier to read, and to show complex branching more reliably.
- Colours used in TortoiseSVN are configurable in the settings dialog.
- The log dialog has a new column, showing icons for the type of changes which were made in a revision.
- TortoiseMerge supports sideways scrolling using the keyboard.
- For companies, the URL where TortoiseSVN checks if updates are available can be configured to point e.g. to the companys own website. Just enter the URL in the registry key
- Many many more small improvements and bug fixes. See the Change Log for full details.